Tips and Tricks for Website Management
Michelle Vroom's Blog Page
Schools use Social Media to Engage Parents
Posted 1/13/2014 at 12:02:35 PM by Michelle Vroom [System User]
As social media platforms continue to grow, so do the number of ways school leaders can connect with parents. Here are some ideas your school district staff can use:
Communication is one of the key aspects to a successful school environment. eSchoolView’s school website content management system (CMS) has several components that help increase parent engagement. Contact us to find out more.
- Have teachers post academic assignments and projects so parents can see what their child is doing in the classroom
- Showcase students’ work—including essays, presentations and art projects
- Link helpful resources about academics, college preparation, standardized testing and anti-bullying efforts
- Be where the parents are—post around their schedules so they are more likely to view and engage
- Post different school events and activities including performances, plays, picture day, pep rallies, etc.
- Post information about all athletics including schedules, statistics, and student athlete spotlights
- Have social media feeds embedded on the school district website for more exposure
- Encourage two-way communication—tell parents that you want them and question and comment on postings
- Develop an acceptable-use policy so all staff, students and parents are aware of what is appropriate to post
- Post videos, podcasts and webinars as another way for parents to see specifically how their child is learning
How does your school engage with parents?